Optica’s next generation family of zVT mainframe virtual tape products delivers new levels of modularity, scalability and performance. When combined with Optica’s world-class service and support and satisfaction guarantee, the zVT 5000-iNAS, zVT 3000i and zVT 5000-FLEX offer the optimal mix of enterprise-class features, ease of implementation and affordability required to serve the broadest set mainframe customers and workloads in the industry.
The zVT 3000i Virtual Tape Node (VTN) is an affordable, all-in-one mainframe virtual tape solution. The zVT 3000i connects to the mainframe via (2) FICON interfaces and includes license support for 16 virtual tape drives, 8TB of RAID-6 protected storage capacity and hardware compression in an economical 2U appliance. The zVT 3000i can be pre-configured for easy installation and is perfect for companies with smaller, well-defined backup requirements. The 3000i is also an excellent replacement alternative for 3490/3590 physical tape and older virtual tape solutions.
- Mainframe Connectivity: (2) 8Gb FICON interfaces
- Virtual Tape Drive support: Licensed to support 16 virtual tape drives
- Storage capacity: 8TB of internal RAID-6 storage
- Tape emulation support: 3490 and 3590
- Hardware-based compression standard
- User access/management: GUI, CLI, and JCL interfaces
- Integrated and tested with leading tape management applications and tools
- Efficient 2U form factor
- Affordable, all-in-one solution
- Easy to install, implement and manage
- Ideal replacement for physical tape and aging virtual tape systems
- Deploy with no impact to tape operations or applications
- Improve reliability, integrity, and performance of backup and recovery
- Improve Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)