Optica’s next generation family of zVT mainframe virtual tape products delivers new levels of modularity, scalability and performance. When combined with Optica’s world-class service and support and satisfaction guarantee, the zVT 5000-iNAS, zVT 3000i and zVT 5000-FLEX offer the optimal mix of enterprise-class features, ease of implementation and affordability required to serve the broadest set mainframe customers and workloads in the industry.
The zVT 5000-FLEX Virtual Tape System enables you to leverage your existing investment in NFS or Fibre Channel (FC) storage. zVT 5000-FLEX connects to the mainframe via (2) FICON channels and can scale from 16 to 256 virtual tape devices in a single 2U appliance. zVT 5000-FLEX is available with (2) 1-GbE, (2) 10-GbE or (2) 8-Gbps Fibre Channel ports for backend connectivity to your exisiting storage. The 5000-FLEX exploits deduplication, replication, encryption and compression storage features that you’re already using. The zVT 5000-FLEX can be deployed in a multi-node configuration with NFS storage for additional scalability and resiliency.
- Mainframe Connectivity: (2) 8Gb FICON interfaces
- Storage connectivity options: 1GbE standard, 10 GbE or 8Gb FC optional
- Virtual Tape Drive support options: 16, 64 or 256 per Virtual Tape Node (VTN)
- Tape Emulation Support: 3490 and 3590
- User access/management: GUI, CLI, and JCL interfaces
- Multi-node support for advanced scalability and resiliency**
- Integration and compatibility testing with tape management applications and tools
- Efficient 2U form factor
**multi-node support is only available for NFS environments.
- Leverage your existing investment in NFS or FC storage
- Flexible, scalable, resilient and affordable
- Easy to install, implement and manage
- Support for deduplication, compression, replication and encryption
- Deploy with no impact to tape operations or applications
- Improve reliability, integrity, and performance of backup and recovery
- Improve Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)